The Seventh Community Pharmacy Agreement (7CPA) between the Australian Government and the Pharmacy Guild of Australia commenced on 1 July 2020 and runs until 30 June 2025. It recognises the key role played by community pharmacy in primary health care, through the delivery of Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) medicines and related services.
7CPA includes a number of initiatives and programs, including the Electronic Prescription Fee, which is paid to pharmacists to support the uptake of ePrescriptions in Australia. The upshot of these payments is that pharmacists can use eRx at no cost.
Use eRx at no cost
- eRx fees are fully reimbursed from Medicare via PBS Online.
- You receive the 15c incentive payment for every eligible script dispensed.
- Medicare pays the incentive payment along with your other PBS payments, there is no need to submit reports or any other paperwork.
- eRx will invoice you after you close a claim and payment is due in 30 days, well after you would have received your incentive payment from Medicare.
- eRx will not charge you more than the 15c incentive payments you receive from Medicare.
To activate the No Cost Policy, complete the online form