eRx Script Exchange is Australia’s first and largest ePrescription exchange service, with more than 20,000 doctors using eRx every day.
Electronic Transfer of Prescriptions (ETP) consists of the safe and secure transmission of prescriptions and dispensing data between authorised doctors and pharmacists. ETP contributes to an improved use of medicines and reduction in the number of adverse medication events.
eRx is ePIP Compliant, which means that using eRx to send your scripts satisfies Requirement 4 of the Practice Incentives Program. eRx is already installed in every major medical software program in Australia, so getting started is easy, simply register and activate.
Why use eRx?
- Improved patient safety
- ePIP Compliant
- Independently audited for privacy and security
- Part of your existing clinical software
- Free- no set-up or subscription fees
- No change to your prescribing workflow
- No spyware or scraping technology
- No new software or hardware
The RACGP has encouraged all doctors to adopt ePrescriptions as an important step towards an eHealth enabled healthcare system and improving medication management.